COL MITCHELL - Art Exhibition
June 8-10, 2012
Mitchell’s works focus on manipulated paper on canvas to make energized paintings of nature and wildlife.
Bracebridge based award-winning artist, and 2010 YWCA Woman of Distinction nominee in Arts, Culture and Creative Energy, Mitchell showed at the G20 “Fake Lake” as partof the Muskoka Corridor Experience.
Col’s entire body of work can be viewed at her website link
Opening Reception : Meet the Artist : Friday June 8, 6-9pm
Open Saturday June 9, 12-5pm
Saturday Afternoon FREE Musical Performance 2-3pm: John Fiddes & Neil Lefaive
Open Sunday June 10, 12-5pm, Artist Demonstration at 2-3pm
Details of Demonstration:
The Personality of Paper …..
Gain a deeper understanding of the artist’s inspiration and process through discussion, and a hands on exploratory session on the character, personality, and individuality of a variety of papers in response to manipulation and acrylic washes.
(Please dress for possible stray paint spatters.)
Click thumbnail to enlarge each image
Red Pine Ocean
Museum Barrier & Tissue Papers, acrylics & inks on canvas
24 x 36 $1400
The Raven's Mirror
Black cardstock and black tissue paper, acrylics, inks on canvas board 17 x 21 $800
- Closeup of work by Col Mitchell.
Enchanted Forest Daydreams
Silk Paper, Tissue Paper, Acrylics, Inks on panel
11 x 14 $320
Tissue Paper, Tar Gel, inks & Acrylics on Canvas
24 x 24 $600
- Col Mitchell Art Exhibition at CLAUSTRO.
- Artist Reception for Col Mitchell at CLAUSTRO.
- Artist Reception, Col Mitchell, Contemporary Paper Artist at CLAUSTRO.
- Col Mitchell's Artist Discussion & Demonstration at CLAUSTRO.
- Participants manipulate paper for Col Mitchell's Demonstration.
- Participants add acrylic washes to paper, guided by Artist Col Mitchell, at CLAUSTRO.
- One of the participant's works at the Col Mitchell Demonstration at CLAUSTRO.